Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Power of Noticing the Good


For a long time I have been working with an idea (or at least turning it around and around in my mind) that takes brings together narrative, family systems, and spiritual counseling with expressive arts--the idea is that getting back in touch with all parts of ourselves heals us; telling the story about that heals us (and may touch others); telling the story and being with others increases our sense of purpose and helps us notice that we can affect positive change.

This morning I read this article, "The Psychology of Satisfaction," and it makes several points that go along with this deep idea blossoming in me. It touches my best hopes for the basis for expressive arts therapy, as well as the core of my "Rose Journal Project" (the program I designed that takes scrapbooking and journaling into hospice).

Noticing and sharing the good makes more good--and helps us see that we have the power and ability to affect and increase the Good. Hallelujah. :)

Here's a link to a values assessment in the article that was interesting as well: http://www.valuesinaction.org/index.aspx?ContentID=34

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home