Monday, January 08, 2007

Collaboration


In normal daily conversation, we don't often get the feeling that we're creating something new and real in the moments we share space, ideas, time. But Saturday I had a conversation with a person who was so smart--such a visionary--that I felt my own ability to understand was enhanced by being in the same space. Then today I ran across this quote from Martin Buber, which put the perfect words on my encounter over the weekend:
"In real conversation...what is essential does not
take place in each of the participants or in a neutral
world which includes the two and all other things; but
it takes place between them in the most precise sense,
as it were in a dimension which is accessible only to
them." Martin Buber, Between Man and Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home